Register

Welcome to The Earthshiner (A Community for Blend & Gaming Enthusiasts)

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread

is Herbal tea blends safe for high liver enzymes?

Do you think a herbal tea blend with fruits in it would be safe for someone with high liver enzymes?

For example my enzymes tested high recently and a doctor said to stay off all meds for now but I wonder if herbal tea blends would be ok with liver enzymes and maybe even help.

One I am looking at that I got from a store today is called 'Youthberry Wild Orange Blossom Tea Blend' and it contains - "Apple pieces, white tea, hibiscus flowers, candied mango pieces (mango, sugar), candied pineapple pieces (pineapple, sugar), rosehip peels, apple pieces, beetroot pieces, red currants, rose petals, orange slices, natural & artificial flavoring, orange peels, orange juice pieces, orange petals, rose petals, acai fruit powder (acai, maltodextrin)"

Do you think anything in there could have adverse effects on the liver or could it possibly even help?

Thanks

Administrator
    The roots, leaves and flowers from the marshmallow plant (Althaea officinalis) can be made into a soothing tea. It makes a mellow, light green tea. The plant's medicinal properties are said to help with indigestion, bladder pain, coughs, sore throats and other inflammations. Always check with a health care professional before using marshmallow or combining it with other supplements and medications of course.

Things You'll Need:
    Dried marshmallow leaves
    Ginger

Instructions:

Bring 1 pint of water to a boil.

Pour the boiling water over 1 ounce of dried marshmallow leaves. Steep, covered, until you find that it has cooled off.

Strain the tea and flavor with ginger or your favorite sweetener. Reheat as needed.

http://earthshineorganics.com/shop/i...&product_id=70

Earthshine Organics is committed to service, sanctity and integrity, and to operating an ethical and sustainable business that harms none and benefits all.
    http://www.earthshineorganics.com